Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Dot Guests: 25
Dot Hidden: 0
Dot Users Online:
4 {YFW} Vincent Kane RIP default_avatar

Replies S.N.O.T.

40 Ratz House of Games fight... default_avatar

Replies DeathJR

8 2018 default_avatar

Replies LONEWOLFJE

1 Random Music.. FUBAR!!

Replies FUBAR!!

3 Happy Thanksgiving! default_avatar

Replies Heather

Author Topic: Prozac  (Read 1474 times)

Bladerunner

• Rampage!
  • Hump Day Party Animal
    • View Profile
Prozac
« on: September 19, 2015, 06:14:22 PM »
What's the deal with this stuff? My PCP prescribed it and I've been on it for a month. Does it actually help? So far it's only numbed both my brains.
If you think I'll sit around as the world goes by
You're thinkin' like a fool cause it's a case of do or die
Out there is a fortune waitin' to be had
You think I'll let it go you're mad

Heather

• Princess
  • Holy SHIT!
    • View Profile
Re: Prozac
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 05:30:14 PM »
My kid is on that.  It seems to help.  He's taking it for depression.  What do you mean it "numbs your brain"?  My kid is in college now and I don't want anything to hold him back.

Panzer89

• Shotgun Surgeon
  • Administrator
  • Holy SHIT!
  • Take ten shots and call me in the morning
    • Xbox Live - Panzer89
    • PSN - Panzer_89
    • Steam ID - Panzer_89
    • View Profile
    • Team Fortress 2
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 06:01:56 PM »
Prozac turns people into zombies, but really chipper zombies.
"There's black diamond coal burnin' in my veins, and a taste in my mouth I just can't explain" - The Hunger by Kreeps

Bladerunner

• Rampage!
  • Hump Day Party Animal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 04:40:09 AM »
It seems that modern medicine has a textbook method of what to prescribe for certain behaviors, and in this case my doc (apparently a young guy fresh out of med school) has prescribed Prozac for my mild depression. Though I remember back in the day, an older doc prescribed exercise. And though I'm in shape, i am so because of my genes and I'm basically a slacker. At the time (2008) I did start getting a ton of exercise, but started to lead a rough lifestyle and so came back here in 2010, but stopped exercising in 2011.

After 3.5 weeks of 20mg prozac the doc said to double the dose. I did 3 days of double and it was hell. Nausea all day, brain cloudy, and sex drive disappeared almost completely. The brain cloudiness was like this: I started seeing what I had to do, like that limitless pill, but then my brain would shut it down as soon as the thought came. It's like it lifted me from this slacker mild depressed state I'm in but not without its own limits. Like, see but don't get a chance to think it through. A mental block is formed. The nausea got to me too much so I stopped completely.

And the lack of sex drive. Like if I would hold solid eye contact with a woman I didn't know in public for several seconds, I would normally get semi erect just from the sexual tension before making my direct approach. But here on prozac I get nothing.

I got the feeling it's scary stuff. Like a chemical lobotomy. I talked to one guy I know who is a counselor- he said it is serious stuff. The most serious of all antidepressants. Like something you work up to from other drugs if ya need it.

Heather

• Princess
  • Holy SHIT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 09:22:06 AM »
http://www.drugs.com/comments/fluoxetine/prozac-for-depression.html

Most of the reviewers really like this medicine, but my "kid" is well over 6 feet tall and around 200 pounds, and his dose is only 30mg.  Maybe the doctor made a mistake by doubling the dose, but it has a long half life and takes about 6 weeks to get the full effect.