Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Dot Guests: 27
Dot Hidden: 0
Dot Users Online:
33 Ratz House of Games fight... default_avatar

Replies DeathJR

3 Happy Thanksgiving! default_avatar

Replies Heather

3 {YFW} Vincent Kane RIP FUBAR!!

Replies FUBAR!!

10 Anyone happens to have ol... default_avatar

Replies LONEWOLFJE

10 Happy Holidays! default_avatar

Replies DeathJR

Author Topic: Silent Hill reboot may be best game ever  (Read 6168 times)

Panzer89

• Shotgun Surgeon
  • Administrator
  • Holy SHIT!
  • Take ten shots and call me in the morning
    • Xbox Live - Panzer89
    • PSN - Panzer_89
    • Steam ID - Panzer_89
    • View Profile
    • Team Fortress 2
Silent Hill reboot may be best game ever
« on: August 13, 2014, 01:13:44 AM »
Made by the creator of the Metal Gear Solid franchise, Hideo Kojima, and horror legend, Guillermo Del Toro, staring the only reason I still watch The Walking Dead, Norman Reedus, with music done by the master composer of the previous Silent Hill games, Akira Yamaoka. I don't really think I need to say more. This HAS to be the perfect game.

Yup, it's him

If you want to read more

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH0thrqa2Ww
"There's black diamond coal burnin' in my veins, and a taste in my mouth I just can't explain" - The Hunger by Kreeps

PostalGuy89

• Holy SHIT!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PostalGuy89
Re: Silent Hill reboot may be best game ever
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 09:38:13 AM »
I played this last night and holy shit was it freaky lol

Panzer89

• Shotgun Surgeon
  • Administrator
  • Holy SHIT!
    • Xbox Live - Panzer89
    • PSN - Panzer_89
    • Steam ID - Panzer_89
    • View Profile
    • Team Fortress 2
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 05:39:35 AM »
Full playthrough of the teaser with minimal commentary.

Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx9oTaU22wY

Part 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcfZ_qFYltc

DisgruntledGirl

• Crash Queen
  • Administrator
  • Holy SHIT!
    • MSN Messenger - Disgruntled_girl_reply@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 10:37:27 AM »
Hideo Kojima - guarantees some naked guy's ass will be seen at least once.

I was psyched when I heard  Guillermo Del Toro was involved but now I'm getting worried. He scrapped a very promising Lovecraft remake and what bits I saw from The Strain didn't really grab me.

Is this "interactive teaser" (called a demo in reality) available for PC download or only the PS4?
I got a fist full of bad ideas!

DisgruntledGirl

• Crash Queen
  • Administrator
  • Holy SHIT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 10:44:02 AM »
Soapy Warpig hurts my ears and ruins atmosphere in a manner that would have me throwing her out of my car. My volume is nearly all the way down and she still shrieking "ALL MAH GOD!"

As much as I hate to dis a chick in an environment where no matter what any girl says, it's devalued based on her being a female - damn she's annoying.

Panzer89

• Shotgun Surgeon
  • Administrator
  • Holy SHIT!
    • Xbox Live - Panzer89
    • PSN - Panzer_89
    • Steam ID - Panzer_89
    • View Profile
    • Team Fortress 2
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 01:32:28 PM »
Hideo Kojima - guarantees some naked guy's ass will be seen at least once.

I was psyched when I heard  Guillermo Del Toro was involved but now I'm getting worried. He scrapped a very promising Lovecraft remake and what bits I saw from The Strain didn't really grab me.

Is this "interactive teaser" (called a demo in reality) available for PC download or only the PS4?

The other thing about Kojima is that a lot of the original Team Silent work for him now. So I'd expect since Yamoaka is helping out, they will too. I'm trying to remain positive about Del Taco's involvement, his film 'Mama' had a Silent Hill-ish vibe to it. I especially cannot hate him as he reminds me of a Mexican Gabe Newell.

They billed it as P.T. (playable teaser) by 7780s Studio to catch people off guard, and I'd say it worked. Sadly it's only PS4.

A few interesting facts:

7780s is significant because, Silent Hill translates to Shizuoka in Japanese. Shizuoka is also a real town that's total square kilometers is, you guessed it, 7780.

The numbers you hear repeating at some points, 204863, translate to August 24th 1963, which is Kojima's birthday. Damn he looks good for 50. Of course the rumor mill is trying to plug the numbers everywhere else to see if they fit.

There are a TON of easter eggs and rumors about using your microphone at times to trigger things.

Did I mention how many fan theories this is generating? Because seriously, this is reaching Valve ARG level of crazy in some spheres.

Soapy Warpig hurts my ears and ruins atmosphere in a manner that would have me throwing her out of my car. My volume is nearly all the way down and she still shrieking "ALL MAH GOD!"

As much as I hate to dis a chick in an environment where no matter what any girl says, it's devalued based on her being a female - damn she's annoying.

Which is why I posted the other version.

LORD MJ

• Holy SHIT!
  • The LORD of all Lords
    • View Profile
    • http://lordmjproductions.weebly.com
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 03:44:11 AM »
Hideo Kojima recived a lot of hate thanks to the latest MGS game. That game is fucked up on so many levels.

Let's hope he doesn't fuck this up too as I really want a good horror survival game and Silent Hill is really really awesome.

When I get mad I just want to go POSTAL.

Panzer89

• Shotgun Surgeon
  • Administrator
  • Holy SHIT!
    • Xbox Live - Panzer89
    • PSN - Panzer_89
    • Steam ID - Panzer_89
    • View Profile
    • Team Fortress 2
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 07:20:40 AM »
Hideo Kojima recived a lot of hate thanks to the latest MGS game. That game is fucked up on so many levels.

Let's hope he doesn't fuck this up too as I really want a good horror survival game and Silent Hill is really really awesome.

Care to elaborate? I think Phantom Pain is shaping up to be pretty good.

DisgruntledGirl

• Crash Queen
  • Administrator
  • Holy SHIT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 07:50:10 PM »
Yeah Lord MJ's right - HK is getting flak but there is - as usual - the same 45% is just hating on a product everyone else likes.

Kinda like the people dissing the ALS icebucket challenge. They diss it because it's popular.
"It's stoopid!"  well it fucking beats PLANKING

And it's actually raised a lot of money.

Lord MJ - do tell US what you thought of the last Metal Gear Solid movie game

Panzer89

• Shotgun Surgeon
  • Administrator
  • Holy SHIT!
    • Xbox Live - Panzer89
    • PSN - Panzer_89
    • Steam ID - Panzer_89
    • View Profile
    • Team Fortress 2
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 11:06:53 AM »
Kinda like the people dissing the ALS icebucket challenge. They diss it because it's popular.
"It's stoopid!"  well it fucking beats PLANKING

And it's actually raised a lot of money.

I can't stand the ALS icebucket challenge because it shows that the only way you can make anyone give a fuck about anything now is to make it trendy and viral. By making it into a fad, you guarantee that it will fall out of the spotlight once the next big thing arrives to replace it. I really hope they make a good deal of money to do some good with out of this though, they'll need it for when the collective public forgets about this and moves on to the next "challenge" fad.

LORD MJ

• Holy SHIT!
  • The LORD of all Lords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2014, 12:49:50 PM »
Sorry for the late reply, I was too busy clearing my YouTube backlog. So.. much.. videos... :)

Anyway, I can't make any comments on the MGS game as I haven't played it. I just read a bit info on the Internet and watched a video about it's demo, so I can't really form a opinion on the game. But from the demo, I saw that it definitely isn't a game I would like to play.

I did watch one guy play the interactive trailer of Silent Hill, and it looked really awesome!! Like, the game managed to make me fell really uneasy and some of the jump scares were really good. I have a good feeling about the game now, survival horror AAA titles may be coming back to us bigger, better and scarier. I'm excited...

Panzer89

• Shotgun Surgeon
  • Administrator
  • Holy SHIT!
    • Xbox Live - Panzer89
    • PSN - Panzer_89
    • Steam ID - Panzer_89
    • View Profile
    • Team Fortress 2
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 09:54:05 PM »
Sorry for the late reply, I was too busy clearing my YouTube backlog. So.. much.. videos... :)

Anyway, I can't make any comments on the MGS game as I haven't played it. I just read a bit info on the Internet and watched a video about it's demo, so I can't really form a opinion on the game. But from the demo, I saw that it definitely isn't a game I would like to play.

I did watch one guy play the interactive trailer of Silent Hill, and it looked really awesome!! Like, the game managed to make me fell really uneasy and some of the jump scares were really good. I have a good feeling about the game now, survival horror AAA titles may be coming back to us bigger, better and scarier. I'm excited...

If you have a PS2 or a backwards compatible PS3, I'd recommend playing Metal Gear Solid 3 (Subsistence version if you can find it). It's arguably the best, and first game, of the series. You also don't need to know anything about the games to get into it, although you will miss a few inside jokes and references. It's still my favorite PS2 era game.

LORD MJ

• Holy SHIT!
  • The LORD of all Lords
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 08:16:09 AM »
I use PCSX2 to play PS2 games on my PC, so I will look into getting that game. Thanks for the recommendation.

Oh, and if you know any other cool PS2-only titles drop them here. I will play almost anything, but no sport or strategy games please. ;)

Panzer89

• Shotgun Surgeon
  • Administrator
  • Holy SHIT!
    • Xbox Live - Panzer89
    • PSN - Panzer_89
    • Steam ID - Panzer_89
    • View Profile
    • Team Fortress 2
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2014, 09:29:55 AM »
Good PS2 games? Shit, where to even begin...

Ratchet & Clank Series - Platforming with a crazy arsenal of crazy weapons
Max Payne series - Old school third person shooter with a film noir meets John Woo style
Devil May Cry series - Wicked fun slice and dicer that went on to inspire games like Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising, skip the 2nd game
Kingdom Hearts Series - I'm always a kid at heart for Disney games, the Final Fantasy part is okay too
Okami - a beautiful game with a hand-painted style where you use a paintbrush as a weapon, almost like a precusor to Epic Mickey
Bully - an underrated Rockstar classic mission based sandbox style game
Timesplitters series - A fun FPS with a sense of humor
Beyond Good & Evil - One of those "Should have got a sequel but never did" games
Burnout Series - Car crash heaven, oh and you can race too
Fatal Frame - Japanese horror at it's best
God of War Series - Brutal hack and slash fun
Silent Hill 2 - Goes without saying
Black - An FPS that sticks to the basics, but does so quite well
Rez - a trippy rail shooter that always remind me of TRON
Killer 7 - One of Suda51's first games, it's pretty weird but in a good way
Manhunt Series - Rockstars gorefest that really got them noticed by the media
SSX Series - Yes it's snowboarding, but it's more like Tony Hawk with snow
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and Underground series - Skateboarding fun
SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS - a must play, you a humble human, must slay gigantic monsters with nothing but your sword, horse, and wits
Jak Series - Starts out as a whimsical platformer that gets a little darker as the series progresses.
Mercenaries Series - Call in airstrikes, drive tanks, generally sow chaos as a soldier of fortune, crazy fun
Sly Cooper series - Classic cartoony platformer
Katamari Damacy series - Bizarre Japanese fun, kinda hard to explain but totally addictive

LORD MJ

• Holy SHIT!
  • The LORD of all Lords
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2014, 08:25:03 PM »
Thank you very much, I will bookmark this list and start going trough it one by one. Once I have free time to do so. :)