Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Dot Guests: 17
Dot Hidden: 0
Dot Users Online:
5 {YFW} Vincent Kane RIP Bigman

Replies Bigman

40 Ratz House of Games fight... default_avatar

Replies DeathJR

8 2018 default_avatar

Replies LONEWOLFJE

1 Random Music.. FUBAR!!

Replies FUBAR!!

3 Happy Thanksgiving! default_avatar

Replies Heather

Author Topic: Postal 2 Steam with AWP/AW7  (Read 4408 times)

sticklerthe1st

• God Like!
  • I live on chimichangas.
    • Steam ID - stickler
    • View Profile
Postal 2 Steam with AWP/AW7
« on: May 06, 2013, 04:05:18 AM »
I posted about this before I think but I didn't want to bump a really old thread so here are my questions.

I've been making my own custom AW7/AWP packs for personal use for a long time. Since Postal 2 is on steam now I decided to make a custom version that can be played as the official game instead of a mod and have all the steam features working with it. I succeeded and it starts A Week in Paradise as if you were launching regular Postal 2 through steam.

As I understand, the AWP is from the fudge pack and AW7 is the one on moddb. I was wondering the differences, such as the fudge pack version not having the mobo mission for example. I wanted to know what else AW7 had that was cut from AWP. I also noticed this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/46jhrv26f08qhwr/aw7-awp.png

AWP is bigger, AW7 only has 53 maps as AWP has 62. Seems the missing maps from AW7 are AW7_Crossroads.fuk, AW7_School2.fuk, AW7_SniperBonusStage.fuk, ZombieChurch.fuk and Entry.fuk. I know that still doesn't add up but you see where I'm going with this.

So what else is making AWP bigger? I'm in the process of combining both of them with the cut content and other things to make the best version of the mod. Anything else I should know? I also started work on ED specfically for the steam release with a few enhancements but AWP is my main priority right now.

[edit] Oh, Toploader: I don't know if you saw this or not but http://www.desura.com/games/postal-2/forum/thread/p2-awpaw7-support

I wrote a short tutorial on how to get AWP/AW7 working for some people. Thought maybe it might help some people.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 04:11:54 AM by sticklerthe1st »