Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Dot Guests: 29
Dot Hidden: 0
Dot Users Online:
5 {YFW} Vincent Kane RIP Bigman

Replies Bigman

40 Ratz House of Games fight... default_avatar

Replies DeathJR

8 2018 default_avatar

Replies LONEWOLFJE

1 Random Music.. FUBAR!!

Replies FUBAR!!

3 Happy Thanksgiving! default_avatar

Replies Heather

Author Topic: Silent Hill Revelation: 3d - review  (Read 1725 times)

DisgruntledGirl

• Crash Queen
  • Administrator
  • Holy SHIT!
    • MSN Messenger - Disgruntled_girl_reply@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Silent Hill Revelation: 3d - review
« on: October 28, 2012, 01:25:01 AM »
Skip the 3d. It's not utilized very well. There are parts where it just seemed like there were just blind spots in my glasses. Not darkness, actual smears that did not mesh with the movie.

Also, they would 3d part of a monster's anatomy in a way that made no sense. Sure, you'd totally 3d an appendage coming at you or gaping maw - but part of the torso as it shambles towards you? I don't need male nipple in my face when there are more important scary parts like the face it's wearing - or lack there of.
And that's the thing, I guess, about the 3d that kept bugging me throughout the movie: it forced my perspective by bringing something to the front and actually blurring a few items around it. I know - I looked purposely at something only to have it appear smeared instead of the forced perspective blur normally utilized.

It's just seems there was bad cinematography in the 3d version and so I don't really recommend the 3d if you are picky. If you are in love with 3d, maybe you will be more forgiving.

Movie: A bit rushed. I think some things got cut and Chekov's Gun doesn't so much as appear in the first act as it hits the floor and nearly discharges. Also at one point you realize there's a flashback going on part way through it. The pacing of the transition was pretty clunky for that. It really isn't AS GOOD as the first.
But it is good.

Cheap shocks: These bug me. Some folks love them. I heard people on either side of me sigh at the sheer amount of them. It got gratuitous. It got ridiculous. I'd say often it was the SOUND of the cheap shock startling us more than the actual visual "Omigosh something offscreen has suddenly appeared so close behind the heroine that when she turned around, her nose nearly knocked the prosthetic off the actor!" part. After about 6 of those, I was sighing and took to nibbling my dessert when it became evident there was another one coming right up.

So those are my complaints: pacing and cinematography and as many cheap shocks as the game contains (the game being well over 8 hours long).

Now onto the goodies.

Oh WOW the girl playing Heather is SPOT on. The lines she had were lines you'd expect from Heather in the game.

The scenes and background were great. You will LOVE the costumes.

They gave nods to a lot of the other games. There's room for more movies. The movie is the game cut and patted over to still give you the same plot. While I was hurling explicatives at the trailer that she had to have a boyfriend and that they made that boyfriend Vincent of all people: the movie redeems itself on that.
Golf clap! Thumbs Up!

The end credits are hilarious (in my opinion).
Cinematography is actually VERY GOOD - just not really utilizing the 3d aspect well.

Visually gorgeous. Speedy plot. Great story. This is a watch.

Silent Hill: Revelation 3D - Official Trailer (HD)

I do find myself wanting to go watch it again - albeit in 2d.
I got a fist full of bad ideas!

wolve

• Holy SHIT!
    • Steam ID - wolveski
    • View Profile
    • http://www.eccentricinc.webs.com/
Re: Silent Hill Revelation: 3d - review
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 03:13:42 AM »
hmmm i think i will avoid this tbh

it would be like trying to watch "snakes on a plane" before the 9pm watershed

I Hate Bipolar,It's Awsome!!

DisgruntledGirl

• Crash Queen
  • Administrator
  • Holy SHIT!
    • MSN Messenger - Disgruntled_girl_reply@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 01:25:01 PM »
ah you shouldn't. What I meant to indicate was that the trailer was a bit misleading in a lot of aspects.
Just don't pay the extra dosh to do 3D. Not worth it.

Duck-and-Cover

• Holy SHIT!
  • All robots report to the dance floor
    • Xbox Live - DuckAndCoverr
    • Steam ID - duckandcover
    • View Profile
    • Art Site
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 06:22:58 PM »
Thanks for the review!  I was a little hesitant to check this one out, with the whole "IN STUNNING 3D" thing going on, but I'll definitely give it a watch.  Also I loved the first one, so my expectations were set higher.