* RES-STU Chat

Refresh History
  • That_Guy: CHOY CHOY CHOY! Welcome back. We missed you.
    March 27, 2020, 01:22:40 AM
  • Choy: social distancing= more postal time ;D
    March 26, 2020, 12:13:17 PM
  • Choy: social distancing = more postal time :D
    March 26, 2020, 12:05:24 PM
  • FUBAR!!: sup dude
    March 26, 2020, 10:36:47 AM
  • MR.SUICIDE: Meow
    March 26, 2020, 10:32:55 AM
  • FUBAR!!: Choy is back and .:*Tz*:. Hu$ f Gm$
    March 25, 2020, 10:19:08 PM
  • FUBAR!!: Choy is back and .:*Tz*:. Hu$ f Gm$
    March 25, 2020, 10:18:11 PM
  • That_Guy: Oh cool, A chat box. Niceeeee
    March 25, 2020, 09:26:12 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Dot Guests: 28
Dot Hidden: 0
Dot Users Online:
1 Would you believe: it cos... That_Guy

Replies That_Guy

2 Zuri's Art DisgruntledGirl

Replies DisgruntledGirl

26 8-05-19 is the Postal Ser... default_avatar

Replies LONEWOLFJE

1 RWS's Postal 4 no regerts... default_avatar

Replies LONEWOLFJE

4 WELCOME BACK!! default_avatar

Replies LONEWOLFJE

Author Topic: ...My first Postal2 map ever. Maybe someone likes it. ^^  (Read 2759 times)

BrAiNLeSsWaNkR

• Rampage!
    • ICQ Messenger - 274635946
    • View Profile
...My first Postal2 map ever. Maybe someone likes it. ^^
« on: September 15, 2012, 03:22:56 PM »
I always hate when i work on a map and in the end everything was just a waste of time.... It takes hours/days  to build a map and sometimes when it is nearly "playable" something stops me from releasing it.  :o

This is the very first map i ever build in Postal2 and because the Frames are to low, i never released it. After seeing there are still people left who keep playing this game, i thought maybe i should upload it and post a link here. Maybe someone will have fun with it. ;) (and if at least one guy has fun, my time wasn't useless at all)
90% of the map was build by myself and after showing a previewtrailer to Mista.X and Mad Jackal they joined in and added some of their own stuff. (Unfortunately they didn't use the MyLevel Package and the Static Mesh file got lost ...So ...maybe there are some details missing and if your Editor tells you there are Static Meshes without any Material ...Just delete those.)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/35415126/mpDT-DrunkenVince_SWE_Latest_Version.rar

If i remember right, you need that superweapons mod and stp extras to run this map, or to load it in your editor. (Nahh who em i telling this ...You guys already know that ;) )

When i started to build maps, i watched lots of 3d buzz tutorials ...I even build that unreal map in postal 2 ...Piece. By. Piece.    ..With only postal 2 meshes. To be honest ....That was a PAIN in the ass!!! :D But i learned a lot of that!
This map was the first thing i ever build with the PostED from scratch without using any Tutorials.
You can use it and edit it if you like ...I don't care what you do with it. But i would appreciate to see what other people might make of this.

LORD MJ

• Holy SHIT!
  • The LORD of all Lords
    • View Profile
    • http://lordmjproductions.weebly.com
Re: ...My first Postal2 map ever. Maybe someone likes it. ^^
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 05:25:30 AM »
If you learned new things and had fun while making it then you didn't waste your time.

Building your own map with UnrealED should always be a fun thing to do, because otherwise it comes to be a complete nightmare. I know that, since I stopped making maps and put my P2 mod on hold, just because I didn't have fun while I was doing it. I'm kinda thinking to return to modding just because I've taken a nice break from Unreal and I think I have the positive energy I need.

I remember that nostalgic felling when I was reading UnrealWiki and building my very first map. It was so fun! I was then full of energy thinking I could do anything with it.

Now I realize that I STILL can do anything, but that I need a lot of time and COMMITMENT. That is what I still need to find, or maybe I found it long time ago. I just don't know it yet.

When I get mad I just want to go POSTAL.

LORD MJ

• Holy SHIT!
  • The LORD of all Lords
    • View Profile
    • http://lordmjproductions.weebly.com
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 12:18:24 PM »
That is true. But, I like to have fun while doing things.

Like you said, there are times when you need to do something that you don't enjoy and that is OK. But having problems with everything and I truly mean everything, then you defiantly have a problem.

See that's what happened to me in the past. One week I was truly struggling to keep up and trying to get some work done. Only to close UnrealED in terrible hatred. Then I realized that I didn't have the positive energy nor I was having fun, which defeated the purpose of it.

I started modding because it was a new, fun and interesting thing to me. I know there are ups and downs, but I simply can't work if only there is a negative side to it.

Gamefan74

• Holy SHIT!
    • Steam ID - Gamefan74
    • MSN Messenger - gamefan74@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 06:16:12 PM »
Honestly, if you only work on it when you are having fun, you'll never finish a project.  Much of mapping and modding in general had periods where you are grinding through something un enjoyable for the sake of the finished product, but that's what makes it all the more rewarding when it's done.  I hate lighting maps myself, but it's one of those things I have to grit my teeth and get through.

Same goes for coding too. Before I can get to the real fun nitty gritty parts, I usually have to setup a bunch of base code. But boy when I get the foundation setup, building the rest on top of it is really easy. Same goes for the fundamentals of mapping.