Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Dot Guests: 79
Dot Hidden: 0
Dot Users Online:
11 8-05-19 is the Postal Ser... default_avatar

Replies LONEWOLFJE

4 WELCOME BACK!! default_avatar

Replies LONEWOLFJE

3 Postal 4 default_avatar

Replies LONEWOLFJE

14 Any idea on what happened... default_avatar

Replies LONEWOLFJE

2 Server Maintenance went a... DisgruntledGirl

Replies DisgruntledGirl

Author Topic: Nothing Disappear (Nothing-D) Mod for AWP  (Read 10248 times)

Winged Cat

• First Blood!
    • View Profile
Nothing Disappear (Nothing-D) Mod for AWP
« on: December 12, 2011, 02:44:58 PM »
This mod is based on Nothing-D Mod for Share The Pain. I changed it a bit to make it playable for AWP. Original mod wasn't finished because, for example, puke trails disappeared - we fixed it.

Nothing Disappear (Nothing-D) Mod for AWP - blood trails and puddles, puke trails and puddles don't disappear anymore!

Here you are - File name: FX.rar File size: 124.44 KB

Thanks to original author Delek, lostsharksoul and me.
And I hope that one day someone will improve this mod again :)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 02:13:54 PM by Winged Cat »

lostsharksoul

• Holy SHIT!
  • Soulless
    • View Profile
Re: Nothing-D Mod + Damage Mod for AWP
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 03:41:04 PM »
I believe that's for Share The Pain. At least i tried that on STP and it worked as far as i remember.
Although, that's pretty simple to just look into the code yourself. Just extract all script files from .U packages with Unrealed and look into the FX folder. There are plenty of .UC, which are scripts, such needed configuration located near Default Properties. I'm sure you won't miss it. (Meaning is within the uc files, which can simply be read by notepad)
All you need is numbers.
When changes are done you need to compile scripts. Create a file in the System folder of Postal game, type within cmd and save it as file.BAT (for example). To begin compilation you open this file and type ucc make, but before you need to remove the original FX.u file to apply changes.

If you cannot find desirable configuration i'll look into it tomorrow for ya. =)

Winged Cat

• First Blood!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 11:11:20 AM »
So fast and useful reply =)
I'll try to do it by myself, if I fail or not I'll let you know here in both cases.

I don't know which parameters are responsible for disappearing, may be it is "autodestroy", "LifeSpan" or "LifeTimeRange".
And I can't compile scripts due to unknown "app error" mentioned in UCC log file.
(Critical: appError called:
Critical: Superclass BulletHitPack of class BulletSparkPack not found
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Critical: UMakeCommandlet::Main
Exit: Exiting.)

So I need help in making of this mod  ???
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 12:35:27 PM by Winged Cat »

lostsharksoul

• Holy SHIT!
  • Soulless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 12:37:36 PM »
Definately. I have already looked into it, as far as i can tell you should probably increase LifeSpan of certain effects. Again, any of it can be found near Default Properties. I would've been looking for same configuration in any of script files anyway, just as you would, so i think i'm not much of a use right of this point. :P

THough i'm not sure about infinite appearance of any effects. Don't know exactly if zero woulld help, possibly it's not going to appear at all. Arh, just test it. =))

lostsharksoul

• Holy SHIT!
  • Soulless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 12:45:51 PM »
I don't know which parameters are responsible for disappearing, may be it is "autodestroy", "LifeSpan" or "LifeTimeRange".
And I can't compile scripts due to unknown "app error" mentioned in UCC log file.
(Critical: appError called:
Critical: Superclass BulletHitPack of class BulletSparkPack not found
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Critical: UMakeCommandlet::Main
Exit: Exiting.)

So I need help in making of this mod  ???

If i'm not mistaking that class is one of the classes of AW packages. Try to exclude all AW* packages names within the Postal2AW7.INI file under [Editor. EditorEngine] line.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 12:56:40 PM by lostsharksoul »

lostsharksoul

• Holy SHIT!
  • Soulless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 12:55:40 PM »
You know what... I have a  better idea. It would be a bit messy, but it's worth it.
Do a copy of FX.u package from Nothin-D mod. Rename it to whatever you like. Move it to the original P2 System folder not the AW. Add the name of it to Postal2.INI file, again under [Editor.EditorEngine]. Open Unrealed, extract everything via actor browser. And just do a comparison. =)

Winged Cat

• First Blood!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 03:59:22 PM »
I did as you said.
The author changed only 1 parameter - "LifetimeRange=(Min=999999.000000,Max=999999.000000)".
Well, I'll try to change them all again and compile -_-

lostsharksoul

• Holy SHIT!
  • Soulless
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 04:11:21 PM »
I see. Well, i thought the author as we speak has changed it to infinite. I'd suggested to do the same.
So is it done? =)

Winged Cat

• First Blood!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 11:35:30 AM »
Not yet. I need to understand what exactly I need to do to compile FX scripts correctly because now numerous "app errors" still appear in log.

lostsharksoul

• Holy SHIT!
  • Soulless
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 01:07:46 PM »
I don't get it. Did you remove all AW packages' names from the list of Postal2AW7.ini file? Arr, wait.
I'm not sure it even does compile those packages, but you still recieve that error.
Did you remove the original FX.u package in order to let it fully compile all scripts of it?

If it still crashes then remove all EditPackages=PackageName lines except for FX.
There's a mess i know. I used to get crashed time by time..

Check Postal2AW7.ini file properly, there must be even two Editor.EditorEngine categories which contains EditPackages lines. At least all names of AW / AW7 packages must be removed. Cause it brings some trouble compiling them.

Just do a copy of the ini file and test this, it should at least comple FX package if you just leave EditPackages=FX line.

I don't get it how did i get that to work, seriously. I had same problem. All of AW packages appear in compilation list and everything's totally fine.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 01:13:35 PM by lostsharksoul »

Winged Cat

• First Blood!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 04:40:16 PM »
Yes, I removed all AW packages' names and removed original FX.u and then removed all names except for FX.

Oh... you must remember how did you get it to work because I tired of this mess. You is my only hope now :-\

lostsharksoul

• Holy SHIT!
  • Soulless
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 05:02:56 PM »
Well all i can remember for now that i screwed up a lot and i just replaced all messed up AW+AW7 packages with the original ones. Then i did same thing as i told you to do earlier.
Besides back then i used WOTgrealDeveloper soft to edit / compile the code.. Now that program brought me a lot of trouble, then i just picked a thought using a simple way to compile scripts by using cmd. I kinda got used to call it 'Wolve's way'. :))))

Can you post full log of the error or take a screenshot? I realize that something's missing, but i have no idea why.
Or maybe I am entirely wrong and on the contrary you should add EditPackages names of all existing packages into Postal2AW7.INI file. Either way it should work.

Maybe tomorrow i shall start digging.. Feels just wrong.

Winged Cat

• First Blood!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 06:04:41 PM »
I don't know what to do else at all... :-\

lostsharksoul

• Holy SHIT!
  • Soulless
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 04:05:28 AM »
Well, i checked my compilation list. And i find only two AW7 packages, which means it's solvable by removing the rest of aw7 / aw packages or just all of them. I'm afraid there's nothing else i can help you. Sorry for that.. Unless, you can send me a pack of scripts and i shall compile it for ya. Just everything's gotta be changed the way you wanted. =)
Pack it and send to megaupload, then gimme the link. =)

Winged Cat

• First Blood!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 11:05:31 AM »
Here you are - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JAKOTPWC
I hope I changed all that was changed in original mod)
But it is strange that author didn't change LifeTimeRange in urinepuddle and pukepuddle files, he changed only urinetrail and puketrail files and almost all "blood" files.
Well, can't wait to test)