Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Dot Guests: 19
Dot Hidden: 0
Dot Users Online:
9 8-05-19 is the Postal Ser... default_avatar

Replies LONEWOLFJE

3 Postal 4 default_avatar

Replies LONEWOLFJE

14 Any idea on what happened... default_avatar

Replies LONEWOLFJE

2 Server Maintenance went a... DisgruntledGirl

Replies DisgruntledGirl

12 How to make loading zones... default_avatar

Replies LONEWOLFJE

Author Topic: Postal 2 AWP random Crash/Freeze  (Read 19446 times)

BlackMambo

• First Blood!
    • View Profile
Postal 2 AWP random Crash/Freeze
« on: July 20, 2010, 04:47:39 AM »
hi all,
some time ago i bought postal fudge pack and start playing AWP, like i said on moddb imo AWP is postal 2 like it should be: a playground for our inner psychosis and hatred...the only problem is frequent crashes and freezes that lower down the extreme fun preventing to play this amazing mod at the highest difficult (since only one save per day is allowed)...before post this i've red other threads in this section with similir problems but most of all refers to "crashes after insane people carnage"...i have to say that in my case i got crash/freeze in apparently random cases (sometimes also when i'm walking without doing nothing) so what i'm ask you is not a complete fix but an help to prevent the frequent game' crashes...i've tried nearly everything:
lower bystander and corpse population
head/limb fix
copy/paste of the postal 2 music folder to the awp folder
used the stpextra like said from wolve on moddb
tried win98 compatibility mode

my spec
win vista 32 bit
4 gb ram
cpu core2duo @2.8 ghz
asus en 9800 gtx+

hope you can help me to find a solution cause i really like your work and i'd like to play this mod at his best...-tnx

lostsharksoul

• Holy SHIT!
  • Soulless
    • View Profile
Re: Postal 2 AWP random Crash/Freeze
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 05:35:11 AM »
No way to fix crashing problem. But you can try to send a report to RWS (joking). I get crashes in AWP either, it starts from something like `FCollisionHash`. There's no patch or something to solve this litt....no, biggest problem. Game crashes because it can't handle a lot of, well, pieces of bodies, using weapons too much, i saw it on russians sites. I wish anyone had a patch. =)

For a note:

It doesn't matter how much powerful PC have you got. :(

BlackMambo

• First Blood!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 06:21:13 AM »
tnx for the answer,
but like i said i don't want a "complete solution" but only a way to reduce the number of crashes and freezes in an hour (from 5 to 10)...maybe something that i still haven't tried...i've played both postal 2 (w/ AW) and ED and they go well...i know that in P2 there aren't body parts to cut and AW and ED don't have open map but in ED there's a custom map called cus-freeroam that works like a sandbox (if i've understood well) that handle without problems the whole carnage...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 06:26:52 AM by BlackMambo »

lostsharksoul

• Holy SHIT!
  • Soulless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 06:52:21 AM »
I completely understand you. As i said before it depends on bodies, shooting and pawns. Plus you're playing with difficult type of the game.
Try to use weapons not so much often or use `Quick Save`, that's it. :(
I'll install AWP soon to check.

By the way, original Postal 2 can be crashed too, but not so soon. Too bad i deleted lots of screens i've made, i could show you lots of bodies. :)))

BlackMambo

• First Blood!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 03:11:47 PM »
hi top loader,
like i said i've both crashes (FCollisionHash thing, next time i get an error message i copy-paste to you) and freezes (the game stops but don't return to desktop, i can see my mouse arrow but if i wanna quit i have to use taskmanager...ps:sorry i know that you know what a freeze is but is only to clarify)...i admit that i like very much the boomerang machete and his one shot/multiple kill, and in general all the melee weapon of awp but some of the crashes happen when i'm simply walking or during a gunfight other times i cut in as many part as possible all the living thing and the game runs stable for long time...i'd like to lower down the crash frequence cause in this way i'll never be able to play the hardest difficult level since only one save per day is allowed...

BlackMambo

• First Blood!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 04:24:59 PM »
so i guess that if AW is not a free roaming is for this reason...btw tnx for your interest...
i've got only one question: is it possible to use ED engine codes to correct this AWP issue? I know that these mods are different but i've played ED using almost cutting weapons only without problems (only a few slow downs using the tnt on a large group of zombie a couple of time)...sorry if i've said a bullshit---it's only a doubt...

prawdziwy 666

• God Like!
    • Steam ID - prawdziwy_666
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 04:49:08 PM »
with AW and ED is not the problem

with AWP is

proposal, something is fucked up in the AWP
You need to laughing at everything, and especially at yourself

Welcome to Hell
a bad joke - Postal 1 the worst part of the Postal series xD

lostsharksoul

• Holy SHIT!
  • Soulless
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 05:54:27 PM »
Well, i guess only moving to the other engine gonna solve this god damn problem. =)))

prawdziwy 666

• God Like!
    • Steam ID - prawdziwy_666
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 05:56:21 PM »
Quote from: 'lostsharksoul link' dateline='1279666467'
Well, i guess only moving to the other engine gonna solve this god damn problem. =)))
Postal 2 UDK? ;D

lostsharksoul

• Holy SHIT!
  • Soulless
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 06:19:59 PM »
Quote from: 'prawdziwy 666 link' dateline='1279666581'
Postal 2 UDK? ;D

LOL. Source would be great a lot. =)

Karnage

• Holy SHIT!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 03:22:28 PM »
man.. Postal in Source? That's sounding SEXY (I'll stop now before I get too aroused.. trust me I get turned on by video games)!

When P3 comes out, RWS should release the modding material, at least a map editor for it. I mean, Postal Plus and Postal 2 had it, why not Postal III?

I bet there would be many more mods for Postal 3 if it's possible, since most games today have mods coming out the ass within a month of their release!

wolve

• Holy SHIT!
    • Steam ID - wolveski
    • View Profile
    • http://www.eccentricinc.webs.com/
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 03:29:39 PM »
they won't need to,i saw somewere how to edit hammer editor for mods and differant source games so i'm having an educated guess that someone will allready be spiting out mods before RWS realease the editor for it,unless of course it comes with game.

I Hate Bipolar,It's Awsome!!

BlackMambo

• First Blood!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 06:29:28 AM »
good news guys,
maybe i've found a fix to the continous awp crash problem...in these days i've done a few tests but i need other people to confirm what i've done...the solution is simple: instead of lower corpse and bystanders population i've turn off the ragdoll and then raised up a bit a time...now i've reached the value of 5 and i've done the school map (vote mission) with the chainsaw only without a crash...in performance i keep all the value maxed out except corpse population (50) and ragdoll (5)...i don't know if is a lucky case or what but fact is that i've killed more than 100 people only with the chainsaw (in the same map) and torn to pieces every dead body without one crash or freeze...let me now if works also for you...

NOTE: the game still keeps crashing but now are really few in long periods
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 08:24:18 AM by BlackMambo »

lostsharksoul

• Holy SHIT!
  • Soulless
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 01:02:42 PM »
Everything's different. I get no crashes in couple of hours. Settings have been set to maximum. So that's kinda weird. But SchoolMap, all i can do, just get in the school, then crash. :))))

By the way, i wanted to ask. Does AWP Service Pack change / fix anything?

BlackMambo

• First Blood!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 07:35:18 PM »
now i'm trying values between 3 and 4...in my case i'm seeing big changes cause my awp used to crash from 5 to 10 times in an hour (the school level was quite unplayable since after 2-3 kills the games become unstable)...now i 'm able to play for long time (killing always all the bystanders) without problems...but i repeat that maybe is a lucky case...try costs nothing right?