Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Dot Guests: 34
Dot Hidden: 0
Dot Users Online:
10 Happy Holidays! default_avatar

Replies DeathJR

1 {YFW} Vincent Kane RIP default_avatar

Replies DeathJR

30 Ratz House of Games fight... default_avatar

Replies DeathJR

9 Anyone happens to have ol... default_avatar

Replies DeathJR

19 Anyone on the Postal 2 Mu... default_avatar

Replies Heather

Author Topic: Problem with Windows 7 on POSTAL MP  (Read 2968 times)

ToM

• Rampage!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Problem with Windows 7 on POSTAL MP
« on: September 09, 2012, 07:40:31 AM »
Hey guys, i have some problems with FPS with Windows Seven, I removed and replace winXP with windows 7, but I have problems about FPS in game, I have a few FPS in big maps and especially when there are  explosions arrival to get 30-40 fps.
This is quite strange because with windows XP I dont had this problems.
I do not understand why :\
I've tried everything .. even to wash the blood during the game.
but I can not solve it .
in the past I had the same problem and that is why I put Windows XP again, but for me today Winodws seven is essential .. then I dont know how to solve this problem.

Any advice?

thanks in advance.

ToM

• Rampage!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Problem with Windows 7 on POSTAL MP
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 08:18:40 AM »
Im using windows Seven at 64 bit.
Quad core q9300
Nvidia Geforce9600gt
asus P5Q SE
4 GB Ram
But it never was a problem with WinXP  :-\
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 08:27:33 AM by ToM »

wolve

• Holy SHIT!
    • Steam ID - wolveski
    • View Profile
    • http://www.eccentricinc.webs.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 10:22:02 AM »
i can't see it been a core issue (sometimes games go too fast because of quad core,which means disabling 3 of them)

tried upgrading graphics card drivers ect?

or xp compatibility mode?

I Hate Bipolar,It's Awsome!!

ToM

• Rampage!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 11:41:50 AM »
I Allready tried to upgrading graphics card drivers and play with xp compatibiliy mode..
but still i have this problem.

DragonFly

• Holy SHIT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 01:19:05 PM »
i'm using win7 64bit with a quad core, i copied my whole postal folder straight from xp into my win 7 32bit programs folder, works fine for me

ToM

• Rampage!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 03:57:43 PM »
i tried also to copy the folder.. but it still dont work  :-\ idk what do more

sam_gold

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 05:54:18 PM »
Hey guys, i have some problems with FPS with Windows Seven, I removed and replace winXP with windows 7, but I have problems about FPS in game, I have a few FPS in big maps and especially when there are  explosions arrival to get 30-40 fps.

Postal2 FPS in multiplayer is tied directly to the client side ConfiguredInternetSpeed value. Setting this greater than 10000, the game tries to run @ faster than 200 FPS, causing screen tearing or stuttering.  If you have it set too low, say 2600, the frame per second will be way too low.

You can calculate multiplayer FPS with this formula: ~FPS= ( ConfiguredInternetSpeed/64 )
I'd at least set it to value that will give you 150 FPS
150FPS =  ConfiguredInternetSpeed/64
ConfiguredInternetSpeed = 9600
The default ConfiguredInternetSpeed is 10000, and this should be fine if you haven't changed it.

If you suspect your graphics card, play the game windowed and smaller, and see if your FPS go up

You may want to compare your latency on Win7 to WinXP.  Lag will cause crappy stuttering during explosions. Something on Win7 may be lagging UDP packets.

I don't recommend XP compatibility mode, I use Win7 64 bit, and the game plays better with no compatibility mode set. 

If none of this crap works...
Download virtualbox, build a VM, install XP on it, and install postal2. :)

LORD MJ

• Holy SHIT!
  • The LORD of all Lords
    • View Profile
    • http://lordmjproductions.weebly.com
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 06:04:39 PM »
( Nvidia Geforce9600gt ) I had one of these,and I had tons of trouble with it...not saying it's your issue,just saying it give me a hard time.. first card I've ever owned where I was actually HAPPY it burnt out..

A little off topic but I really need to reply to this. I had this 9600GT for 4 years and it has always worked flawlessly. Both on XP and 7. Still having trouble finding a game that this card won't run without a glitch. Guess I was lucky, or you were unlucky.

When I get mad I just want to go POSTAL.

ToM

• Rampage!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 06:30:08 PM »

Postal2 FPS in multiplayer is tied directly to the client side ConfiguredInternetSpeed value. Setting this greater than 10000, the game tries to run @ faster than 200 FPS, causing screen tearing or stuttering.  If you have it set too low, say 2600, the frame per second will be way too low.

You can calculate multiplayer FPS with this formula: ~FPS= ( ConfiguredInternetSpeed/64 )
I'd at least set it to value that will give you 150 FPS
150FPS =  ConfiguredInternetSpeed/64
ConfiguredInternetSpeed = 9600
The default ConfiguredInternetSpeed is 10000, and this should be fine if you haven't changed it.

If you suspect your graphics card, play the game windowed and smaller, and see if your FPS go up

You may want to compare your latency on Win7 to WinXP.  Lag will cause crappy stuttering during explosions. Something on Win7 may be lagging UDP packets.

I don't recommend XP compatibility mode, I use Win7 64 bit, and the game plays better with no compatibility mode set. 

If none of this crap works...
Download virtualbox, build a VM, install XP on it, and install postal2. :)

lol man! i tried all of this.. also VirtualBox but it dont work anyway. the problem appears only on large maps, (redlight, pondy) but on the others, works fine..

sam_gold

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, 06:40:54 PM »
With virtualbox, you'll also need to install the network bridge for it. FPS go up and down on maps, not sure why, but you'll notice it when you go through corridors, and then pop out into open spaces.